Guest: Andrea Nachtigall
An Integrated Social Emotional and Literacy Based Solution.
Cloud9World uses literacy to teach social-emotional learning competencies through an understanding of self and others. The understanding and development of one’s character provides children with tangible tools and behaviors that empower them to develop socially, emotionally, and academically. – Andrea Nachtingall
What is Self-Regulation?
Emotional self-regulation or emotion regulation is the ability to respond to the ongoing demands of experience with the range of emotions in a manner that is socially tolerable and sufficiently flexible to permit spontaneous reactions as well as the ability to delay spontaneous reactions as needed.
Cloud9World is a unique and innovative social and emotional learning program that integrates literacy as the vehicle for teaching character strengths. Our program is about the acquisition and strengthening of character, and the capacity to make wise choices for a well-rounded life and a thriving society.
Cloud9World programs lead to powerful social-emotional, behavioral and academic outcomes that include:
- A self-awareness of emotions, character strengths and corresponding behaviors.
- An awareness of the emotions of others
- Application of social-emotional learning to positive academic practices, habits and behaviors.
- Empowerment to use their learning to increase positive decision-making skills
- Provision of supportive materials for whole family growth.
- Research-supported curriculum, aligned with literacy standards that engages students and challenges academic and personal growth.
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Character development supports social-emotional learning from a person’s core.
- Children have a greater need to connect and express their emotions than any other time in history.
- Literacy is an excellent modality to teach social-emotional connections
- Parents can benefit from a consistent reading time with a consistent curriculum which highlights emotion.
- It is important to teach about emotions from an early age
- Parents need to learn to express their own emotions.
- Social emotional learning is an active process that should happen prior to a specific incident.
- The Kiwi learning program from Cloud9World is an excellent tool for families to engage in the learning process.
- It is important to prepare to students to be positive contributors in their homes, schools and communities by providing them with character strength understanding, development and practice with characters they adore and embrace.
- Literacy programs with a social emotional foundation provide the language children need to express their own emotions.
When I created Cloud9World I didn’t have an education background. I was had a lot of experience in the gift world. I wanted my children to be well rounded and solid from a social and emotional perspective. With the help of Dr. Pam Bruening we were able to create a program that could be successfully used in the school districts. We are so proud of the work we have done so far.
We are also very excited about the response to the KIWI program for kids. Parents are asking for materials and training on a daily basis and we are happy to provide it.
There is a lot going on emotionally these days for our children. Something such as the active shooter drills can have an impact on them emotionally. This program will provide them with the background they need to recognize the emotion they are feeling. Also, through the use of literacy children can learn how to communicate what they are feeling and learn the most important thing…self-regulation.
HOW DOES THIS APPROACH HELP YOUR CHILD?
The Cloud9 World approach follows the constructionist theory. Constructionist learning is when learners construct mental models to understand the world around them. Constructionism advocates student-centered, discovery learning where students use information they already know to acquire more knowledge. If you visit the website you will see each phase of child development lays the foundation for the next level of development. Following this principle allows your child to round out character traits at an age-appropriate level as they move forward into the next phase to gain a host of new traits.
Contact Andrea Nachtigall:
7765 West 20th Ave.
Hialeah, FL 33014
- Telephone: 305-356-7477
- Fax: 855-764-3548
- General Inquiries: email@example.com
- Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Inquiries: email@example.com
Subscribe & Review Sound Foundations for Parenting
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Sound Foundations for Parenting Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your parenting journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!