In this episode of Sound Foundations for Parenting … we welcome Anandi Francis.
Anandi Francis is a world renowned, internationally known sleep guru, who is also the author of Breathe Well, Sleep Well. Alison Francis is also known as Anandi The Sleep Guru. She’s the creator of Sleepology, a new wellbeing process and in-depth inquiry into the causes of stress, exhaustion and sleep issues. Anandi is the author of ‘Breathe Better Sleep Better’, a book dedicated to how to use the breath to heal sleep disturbance and lack of vitality.
If you are a new listener to Sound Foundations for Parenting, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/soundfoundationsforparenting and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- How sleep correlates to the environment you’re in, nutrition, and your family life.
- You have to have a balance in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Insomnia is usually triggered by something, and to fix it you need to understand what caused it and find a balance
- Studies have proven teenagers should go to school later, because of the way their brains develop
- Breathing and sleeping are intertwined by neurons in the brain
- Shallow breathing triggers the brain into thinking something is wrong, while deeper breathing triggers the nervous system to calm down
- Let sleep pressure build, and avoid napping it is disrupting to your sleep
- If you are more sensitive, you will have to work harder to maintain a balance
- If digestion is messed up, sleep will also be messed up
- Sleep is intertwined with everything in your life
- Stress is a big factor in how well you maintain a balance with everything
- Everything started in the womb, with how the mother and what her habits are like
- Try to take as many breaks away from technology, or putting your phone on airplane mode
- You need energy to be able to go into a deep sleep
Follow our Podcast
Check out Anandi’s Website
Follow our Co-Host’s
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
Join our Facebook Group
Sound Foundations for Parenting https://www.facebook.com/groups/462220261191443/
Check out more at the Sound Foundations for Parenting Website